Monday, May 24, 2010

Information Literacy for 21st Century Life

On Thursday I spoke at the Oeiras a ler conference in Oeiras, Portugal, on Information Literacy for 21st Century Life. There will be information on their blog, and there was a twitter stream at http://twitter.com/home#search?q=%235eol%20 (mostly in Portuguese as that was the language of the conference). I will say something about other presentations in a future blog post, but in the meantime this is my presentation. I identify some of the different ways in which various groups of people experience information and information literacy (IL) in the 21st Century, with reference to 21st Century research studies. I go on to discuss some of the key aspects of IL that need more attention. I see these elements as evolutionary development of IL as a 21st Century concept, not as something completely new and different.

No comments: