Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Health Communication Research

There is a new blog focused around Health Communication Research, including health literacy ("the ability of individuals to obtain, process, and then act on health information"), from Michael Mackert at the University of Texas at Austin. The website is at http://blog.healthcommunicationresearch.com/ Seeing as "health information" is a subset of "information" I think I would see health literacy as part of information literacy (does anyone disagree).

This is an example of crossover serendipity, in that I came across the blog because Mackert runs a fan website for the "Wheel of Time" (WOT) series (a series I feel vaguely embarrassed about following, but there now, I've come out).
Photo by Sheila Webber: Tay Bridge, Dundee, photoshopped (I think I altered "curves"), June 2007.

No comments: