Thursday, July 06, 2006

ILPO

Yesterday and today I was at the Australian and New Zealand Institute for Information Literacy (ANZIIL) symposium held at the Southbank Institute in Brisbane. I’ll be reflecting and reporting on this over the next week or so. At the moment I'm feeling a bit tired and intimidated by the accumulated powerpoint handouts and notes! I was presenting a keynote with Bill Johnston, and I also found myself facilitating a workshop on the first day.

To be going on with I'll mention ILPO (Information Literacy Planning Overview) which is a set of material (workbooks, worksheets etc.) for teaching information literacy mentioned by one of the speakers today. It was developed by two Australian teachers and the material is now sold by the Curriculum Corporation (Queensland) http://www.curriculum.edu.au/ . I'll say a bit more when I report on her session.

Photo by Sheila Webber: South Bank, Brisbane.

No comments: